listen to the Episode
Notes of the Episode
Dr. Garth Hatch is an Endodontic Specialist who served in the U.S. Army Dental Corps for seven years. The military got his feet wet in real estate when they moved to South Carolina and bought their first house. After a year, they rented it out and bought another house. Then they found a foreclosure in Georgia, rehabbed it, lived in it, and rented out the basement. Eventually, they sold that house and pocketed $75,000. That started his journey to achieving success in private practice and real estate.
When he was in the military, he used his downtime to educate himself and read books about business, growth, and marketing. His lifetime goal was to own a business, so he got out of the military and started his private practice. Despite making many mistakes and facing challenges in the dental market, Dr. Hatch grew his business by 60% in the first year. Because they had grown so fast, many people came to him for advice. And so he launched a consulting business called Dental Specialist Institute, LLC. Listen now to learn more about him and how he achieved success as a doctor and entrepreneur!
Key Points from This Episode
- Studying dentistry and training in the military.
- Getting into real estate.
- Purchasing his first property.
- Serving in Germany for three years as Chief Endodontist.
- Leaving the military and starting his own practice.
- Growing the business by 60% in the first year.
- Buying a 33-acre cherry orchard and doing farming for four years.
- Starting a consulting business called Dental Specialist Institute, LLC.
- Venturing into commercial real estate.
- Joining GoBundance Mastermind in 2021.
- Purchasing four single-family units, a short-term rental, and two more properties.
- Investing in mobile home parks.
- Dr. Hatch’s mindset is to focus on the business that makes you money.
- Dr. Hatch’s advice to medical practitioners who want to start their business, real estate, or other passive income.
- What’s next for Dr. Hatch?
“You have to have your investments pay for your fun.” [00:24:19]
“Not that you can’t do all of those [businesses], but you can’t do them all at once.” [00:38:31]
“If your healthcare business is making you money, put your focus there, really make sure that’s dialed in, and then also get help.” [00:38:41]
Dr. Garth Hatch’s contact no: 509 378 0376
About Dr. Garth Hatch DDS, PLLC
Dr. Garth Hatch graduated Dental School in 2003 from Indiana University. He entered the U.S. Army Dental Corps in 2003 and did a one year AEGD in Columbia SC. Then, he went into Endodontic Residency at Fort Gordon GA from 2005-2007. He was stationed as Chief Endodontist in Baumholder Germany from 2007-2010.
Dr. Hatch started investing in real estate in 2010 and went through various investment stages buying small single-family, multifamily, farmland, and recently bought a 23-unit mobile home park in 2021.
Dr. Hatch is the author of several published dental articles and has lectured internationally on various topics relating to endodontics. His ability to speak Spanish and Portuguese also comes in handy when treating patients of various backgrounds. When away from the office, Dr. Hatch is active in the community and regularly serves in his church. His biggest hobby is spending time with his wife Alissa and their five children.
Transcript of Episode