listen to the Episode
Notes of the Episode
Learn how to become a “Pharmapreneur” in today’s episode with Blair Thielemier! Blair’s passion is to level-up pharmacy into a value-based healthcare model, and is currently training and coaching pharmacists looking to start their businesses.
Blair touches on the mindset and limiting beliefs that pharmacists and healthcare professionals must overcome so they can move towards achieving their goals and passion in life. She shares three “pharmapreneurial” paths that pharmacists can take as they begin their journey to becoming entrepreneurs. Blair believes that pharmacy practice is changing and she trains pharmacists to become ready to adapt to these changes in the industry through PharmapreneurAcademy.com. Listen now to learn more!
Key Points from This Episode
- Blair worked in a clinical hospital pharmacy before she became an entrepreneur.
- Losing her job led her to a different path.
- The challenge she faced and how it brought her to work with independent pharmacies.
- Blair’s passion for entrepreneurship and how she started pursuing it.
- What is the first step to transition out of retail?
- The three “pharmapreneurial” paths.
- The physician’s office path.
- The pharmacy-based path.
- The patient-paid path.
- How do you find your passion?
- The mindset or limiting beliefs that hinder pharmacists from pursuing their passion and how to overcome them.
- Blair talks about PharmapreneurAcademy.com.
- Blair’s vision and goals for PharmapreneurAcademy.com and how they help pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
“[Passion] begins to help you realize that you have more power over the way that you practice than maybe what you even realize.” [00:16:39]
“If pharmacists and healthcare professionals, in general, can see themselves as healers, then the question can be, ‘Are patients getting better or worse in this intervention?’” [00:16:54]
“The last thing that I want pharmacists to do is to go out and create a business around something that they are not passionate about. It’s like just creating another job for yourself that you don’t enjoy.” [00:12:27]
About Blair Thielemier, PharmD
Blair Thielemier is a business development consultant specializing in pharmacist-led billing models. She consults on and produces e-learning programs for state and national organizations, pharmacy wholesalers, payers, and technology start-ups. Blair has books and online courses available for individuals looking to leverage their pharmacy knowledge into monetized clinical programs at PharmapreneurAcademy.com. She speaks internationally about trends in leveraging pharmacists to improve value-based care.
Connect with us!
Transcript of Episode